World-renowned as a leading creative university, Falmouth has a long history of seeing many of its alumni internationally-recognised for their pioneering illustrative work. Some of the reputable publishers Falmouth alumni have gone on to produce work for include The Telegraph, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Penguin Random House.
During this Illustration programme from Falmouth University you’ll also be part of an international online community of like-minded creatives, and have the opportunity to be well-connected and make your mark within the wider visual communication industry.
What topics will you cover?
Some of the topics you’ll cover during your online MA Illustration studies are:
- Ideas Generation – Critically examine the different contexts and applications of illustration with a view to positioning your own practice.
- Visual Language – Explore approaches to the core mark-making skills relevant to illustration and strengthen your observational drawing skills.
- Narrative – Examine the role of storytelling within visual communication across all contexts.
- Professional Practice – Develop professional skills and build your professional industry networks.
Studying flexibly with Falmouth University
The creative sector continues to grow globally. Whether you seek to enhance or begin your career in the creative sector, Falmouth University's flexible learning programmes equip you with the right skills and knowledge to do so, without interrupting your income and career progression.
- Learn flexibly from home, the workplace or on the move anywhere in the world through Falmouth Flexible intuitive online learning platform.
- Get student benefits, as a Falmouth Flexible student, you enjoy the same status as any on-campus students, from receiving a Student ID card and qualifying to apply for a NUS student discount card.
- Graduate with an award equal in title and quality as given to Falmouth university on campus students and have the opportunity to attend your graduation ceremony in the UK.
Career opportunities include:
- Freelance Illustration
- Illustration Agent
- Publishing (adult / children)
- Creative Advertising
- Graphic Design
- Concept Artist (film / animation)
- Web Design / Interactive / New Media
- Art Direction
- Paper Engineering
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Process and Practice
- Visual Language
- Narrative and Storytelling
- Professional Practice
- Major Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 8 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree at 2:2 level or above in Illustration or a related subject
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) with a minimum of 88 overall and at least 21 in all 4 components).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA5650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.