This International Film Production programme from De Montfort University gives students the opportunity to develop a portfolio of film production related skills and it is ideally suited for graduates progressing from undergraduate study, or professionals seeking to develop their career.
Reasons to study International Film Production at De Montfort University:
- DMU has worked with industry partners in developing and delivering the programme, and you will have the opportunity to interact with leading film industry figures and training providers. The course has been shaped to underpin your learning experience with industry led insight and expertise, and to mix industry knowledge and skills with academic critical thinking about films, audiences, and the film industry.
You will develop a range of production management skills: These include scriptwriting, lighting and cinematography; image processing, camera-based work more generally, directing and post production; focus on pitching, budgeting, production management, and fine skills; you will also gain core business expertise, such as an understanding of research and development, and wider careers planning.
At DMU, you will benefit from our outstanding studio spaces, and the skills and expertise of stablished research groups such as Cinema and Television History (CATH) Research Centre and Institute Of Creative Technologies (IOCT). During your second semester, you will work towards developing a film project, with the option of further production work or research in semester three.
The course is structured around developing skills in production management, development and other skills related to the film production process. Graduates will leave with an enhanced awareness of the specialist skills required in the international film industry, and commensurate skills. These may lead to careers in the media as well as other opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Key Roles in the Film Industry
- The Production Process
- Individual Film Project or Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media International Relations Liberal Arts View 420 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
- We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
As part of your application you will be required to:
- provide a 250-word summary of the particular aspects of the industry or film production roles that you are interested in and why
- provide a 400-word proposal outlining your plans for a film production of which you hope to develop on the course (or provide a portfolio or show reel of relevant work)
Further to the written application, there may also be a panel interview conducted with the course team, as part of the admissions process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
We are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study, which is why we offer the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship. This gives DMU graduates a tuition fee discount of up to 50 per cent on selected full-time and part-time postgraduate courses, based on academic achievement and merit.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.