The Aerospace Computational Engineering programme offered by the Cranfield University aims to enhance your skills through a detailed introduction to the state-of-the-art computational methods and their applications for digital age aerospace engineering applications.
It provides a unique opportunity for cross-disciplinary education and knowledge transfer in the computational engineering of fluid and solid mechanics for aerospace industrial applications.
Focusing on fully integrated digital design for aerospace applications you will be able to understand and implement numerical methods on various computing platforms for aerospace applications.
You will be able to meet the demand of an evolving workplace that requires highly qualified engineers possessing core software engineering skills together with competency in mathematical analysis techniques.
The MSc in Aerospace Computational Engineering is designed to equip you with the skills required to pursue a successful career working in the UK and overseas in computational aeronautic design and engineering.
Our courses attract enquiries from companies in the rapidly expanding engineering IT industry sector across the world who wish to recruit high quality graduates who have strong technical programming skills in industry standard languages and tools.
They are in demand by CAD vendors, commercial engineering software developers, aerospace, automotive and other industries and research organisations, and have been particularly successful in finding employment.
Some of our graduates go onto PhD degrees. Project topics are most often supplied by individual companies on in-company problems with a view to employment after graduation – an approach that is being actively encouraged by a growing number of industries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- C++ Programming
- Computational Methods
- Numerical Modelling for Steady and Unsteady Compressible Flows
- Numerical Modelling for Steady and Unsteady Incompressible Flows
- Analysis and Visualisation of Big Data System and High Performance Computing
- Modelling Approaches for Aerospace Application
- CAE Advanced Applications
- Validation and Verification for Aerospace Applications
With its blend of skills-based and subject-specific material this course aims to provide students with generic practical skills and cutting-edge knowledge adaptable to the wide variety of applications in the field of aerospace computational engineering.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 595 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A first or second class UK Honours degree or equivalent in mathematics, physics, computer science or an engineering discipline, or those with relevant industrial experience such as qualified engineers working with computational methods wishing to extend their knowledge.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- MSc Part-time: £10,500
- PgDip Full-time: £8,000
- PgCert Full-time: £4,600
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
- GREAT China Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
- Lendwise Postgraduate Student Loan
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.