The aim of the Master of Science in Geodetics - Geographic Information Technologies at METU Middle East Technical University is to pursue research in space geodesy (SG), geographic information systems (GIS) and remote sensing (RS). The program is designed to meet the growing demands for skilled manpower at graduate level particularly in areas of contemporary space technologies and their applications in various fields, GIS, spatial data analyses and remote sensing technology.
Each student is required to choose a major stream of study from the following areas:
* Space geodesy (SG)
* Remote sensing (RS)
* Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
M.S. Program through courses and thesis aims to provide advanced level of knowledge in the field as well as tools and techniques of research with their implementation within the context of a comprehensive thesis.
- Introduction to GIS
- Principles of Remote Sensing
- Intr. to Database Management Systems
- M.S. Thesis
- Geodesy and map projections
- Research methods and ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 3 other Masters in Geology in Turkey
- ALES score type have to be quantitative
- Reference letters (2)
- Letter of intention (included in the online form)
- The applicants have to submit a printed e-mail from a GGIT academic staff who agree to be the supervisor of the applicant.
International Applies to you268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 134 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National Applies to you46 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 129 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 768 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.