The master's degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at the University of Barcelona is taught in English and intended for students with an academic background in science.
The aim of the master's degree is to provide students with professional competences in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology, for industry and science. Students must be capable of addressing problems that require interdisciplinary skills. On completion of the master's degree, graduates will be equipped to work on creative tasks in a new scientific or technological environment and form part of interdisciplinary research groups. The compulsory subjects are designed to bolster this interdisciplinarity.
The practical component of the optional subjects is very useful for the development of different types of applications for society. Therefore, the focus of the master's degree could be suitable for a career in either the public or private sector.
Nanoscience and nanotechnology are fields whose origin is the interaction between scientific disciplines, including physics, chemistry, biotechnology, medicine and pharmacy, and their relationship with engineering disciplines such as electronic, chemical and materials engineering. Consequently, nanoscience and nanotechnology are interdisciplinary fields, in which new areas of research and development are emerging, with an increasing amount of activity at international level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- University degree in science or engineering disciplines that are thematically involved in nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Average grade on the academic record in the year of graduation.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Good level of English - the minimum level of English is B1.
- Students who wish to apply must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in one of the following subjects: biology, biomedicine, biotechnology, pharmacy, physics, chemistry, materials engineering or electronic engineering.
- Students should have user-level IT skills, and credit is given for advanced computer skills.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area.
International82 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA47 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.