At HEC Montréal University we offer a master degree in Applied Financial Economics. The NBI Fund – HEC Montréal provides a group of students with the opportunity to invest 5 million dollars in a multi-asset portfolio (equities, bonds, alternative investments).
This fund is one of the largest investment funds managed by students in Canada. It’s a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience on top of academic training.
- Theory and empirical models used in finance, which often take root in economics.
- Acquisition of skills to facilitate decision-making in different types of organizations: analysis and micro and macroeconomic modeling; portfolio analysis and asset valuation.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of statistical, econometric and machine learning methods for carrying out business analyses and forecasting.
- Personalized mentoring from professors renowned in Canada and abroad.
- Time Series Econometrics
- Applied Econometrics
- International macroeconomics seminar
- Economic behavior and project evaluation
- Strategic behaviors in economics
- Development and economic institutions
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 75 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- You must hold a university degree recognized by the State giving access to a master’s program at your original university.
- You have obtained, for all years of university, an average of at least 12 out of 20 or the equivalent, depending on the grading system.
International28800 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 CAD per year during 18 months.
National14200 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 CAD per year during 18 months.
In-State6100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6100 CAD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.