The Classical Art and Archaeology course at King's College London is intercollegiate with options taught at King’s, UCL and Royal Holloway and you can take advantage of our close links to the Institute of Classical Studies, one of the UK’s best Classical libraries.
It gives you the unique opportunity to acquire technical skills provided by optional modules in papyrology, epigraphy and palaeography.
- Study in one of the UK’s largest and oldest departments of Classics. Classics has been taught on the Strand for over 200 years.
- Unrivalled location for the study of the ancient world thanks to London’s unique range of specialist libraries, museums and galleries.
- Extraordinarily wide choice of modules, drawing on the resources of the whole of the University of London.
Career prospectsOur graduates use our training to pursue further research in our department. Others transfer the skills and knowledge they develop with us to careers in teaching, journalism, cultural management, or the financial sector.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- The Classical Art of the Body: Greek Sculpture and its Legacy
- The Art of Making: Craft Production from Classical Antiquity to Today
- Roman Britain
- Exhibiting Classical Antiquities
- Living in Byzantium: Material Culture and Built Environment in Late Antiquity
- Classical Frontiers: Northern Black Sea in Antiquity
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology View 152 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
- 2:1 BA degree with honours (or overseas equivalent) in Classics, Classical Studies, Ancient History, Classical Archaeology, History or a closely related subject.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International22350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU: £4,995
- Overseas: £11,175
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.