The Master in Food Science and Technology at University of Minho was created jointly by the University of Minho (UMinho), through the Department of Biological Engineering School of Engineering (DEB-EEUM) and the University of Porto (UP), through the Faculty of Sciences (FC-UP).
This Master offers training oriented to the solution of problems from related to the agri-food process industries, as well as from the sector for this industry. It considers as main objectives:
- Complementing the expertise of graduates in science, biological engineering sciences, food engineering sciences, chemistry or related courses, providing specialized and advanced training in several areas related to the agri-food industries: dairy, wine, beer, meat products, cereals and derivatives, fruit and vegetables, among others;
- Providing technology transfer in issues related to the processing and the quality of food, the development of new products, taking into account nutritional and sensory aspects, as well as certification of food safety management systems;
- Enhancing R&D in the agri-food industry, promoting product quality, improving food security and quality.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Food Technology
- Methods in Food Quality Analysis
- Microbiology of Foods: From Preservation to Safety
- Physico-Chemical Properties of Foods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The following documents must be uploaded to the application (please consider that they must have good quality):
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.