Emerging media and communication technologies have a significant impact on business and culture in this world of constant innovation and unforeseen opportunities.
Students in the Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media program from American University in Dubai will expand their existing professional knowledge in order to embrace dynamic change and identify new opportunities.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media (M.A.) program, students will be able to:
- Identify and utilize pertinent information in relation to contemporary media to enhance their leadership role in the market place;
- Gain theoretical and practical understanding of emerging media marketing;
- Reconstruct management strategies of media businesses in a global market addressing cultural differences, ethical practices, new forms of content consumption, and impact on advertising;
- Develop a competitive advantage by exploring new management strategies needed for current media convergence;
- Gain perspective on the creative potential of emerging media and transmedia;
- Explore and reflect on the new behaviors and culture, new forms of political action and commerce, and new concepts of privacy, intellectual property, and community that accompany the digital culture.
At AUD our ultimate goals is to produce well-rounded, employable graduates, equipped with knowledge and experience of the workplace as well as a university degree.
We offer exciting opportunities for undergraduates and graduates looking to gain experience in a variety of different fields such as IT, design, research and business. If you have a desire to learn AND earn in a unique environment. You might be just what we’re looking for.
- Survey of media landscape
- New media, new lifestyles: societal impacts of contemporary media
- Audiences and brands
- Global media economics
- Managing the media sector: local vs. global
- Creative opportunities in contemporary media
- Managing emerging media
- Global media leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited national or regional institutional body, achieving a 3.00 GPA or better in undergraduate study.
- International TOEFL®or Academic IELTSTM or the equivalent score on another internationally-recognized English exam. PBT is accepted from specific centers in the UAE.
International1037 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1037 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1037 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1037 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
AED 4,200 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.