A key aspect of the programme is the relationship between effective teaching and reflective practice; the imperative to reflect not only on what we should teach, but how effectively we teach.
The master degree in Learning and Teaching is offered by the Letterkenny Institute of Technology. This course will enable you to critically analyse your own teaching practice, and offer you a variety of pathways to complete a full Masters in learning and teaching.
Every module focuses on critical reflective practice, based on evidence rather than anecdote, and the collection and analysis of evidence is a prominent feature of the programme. It reflects the growing understanding of the central role of assessment and evaluation in learning and teaching and the importance of academic writing and research at every stage of education.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across disciplines swith practitioners from all levels of education, including national and international best practice speakers, and following graduation will have the opportunity to work at every level of education.
Graduate careers typically include:
- Primary School Vice-Principal/Principal
- Secondary School VP/Principal
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Student Centred Learning and Teaching
- Academic Writing in Research
- Enhancing Learning and Teaching through Creativity and Scolarship
- Elective Module
- Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 46 other Masters in Education in Ireland
- The minimum entry requirements are a Level 8 Honours Degree, or equivalent, second class honours (2.2)
- If you don’t have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Applicants should be currently involved in an active teaching role
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.