Why to study
Teaching at the University of Waikato sets you up to become a skilled and reflective teacher. We produce qualified teachers who are in high demand both in New Zealand and around the world. Alongside preparing teachers for the classroom the study of education encompasses a broad range of options that reflect the far-reaching nature of the field. Educators are interested in how knowledge, skills and values are constructed, accumulated, and conveyed through formal and informal means.
We also offer Education subjects for the Bachelor of Social Sciences and Bachelor of Arts degrees, and a range of postgraduate qualifications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Learning using the Internet
- Culturally Responsive Methodologies incorporating kaupapa Māori and Critical Theories
- Professional Learning in Education Practice
- Decolonising Spaces for Equity, Excellence and Belonging
- Critical Reflections on Decolonising Education Spaces
- Educational Assessment
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 51 other Masters in Education in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22759 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22759 USD per year during 18 months.
National5441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5441 USD per year during 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,558-$8,140 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615 (120 pts) or $47,425 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.