Studying the Master of Health, Sport and Human Performance (MHSHP) at the University of Waikato, you'll explore how psychological or physiological factors influence movement and performance in sport and exercise. Throughout your course of study you'll receive opportunities to get involved in real world research to make a difference in people’s lives, as well as connect with elite athletes and teams.
The University of Waikato's Health, Sport and Human Performance Department boasts world-renowned active researchers and lecturers who have international expertise and reputations. Throughout your course of study you'll receive opportunities to get involved in real-world research to make a difference in people’s lives, as well as equipping you with the practical skills to work in contexts that are relevant to you.
- Applied Exercise Scientist/ Exercise Physiologist
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Events or Sports Manager
- Outdoor Education Instructor/manager
- Health, Physical Education or Dance Teacher
- Researcher in Health, Sport and Human Movement
- Human Movement or High Performance Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Culturally Responsive Methodologies incorporating kaupapa Maori and critical theories
- Advanced Human Performance Science
- Research Methods in Health, Sport and Human Performance
- Advanced Sociocultural Study of Movement Cultures
- Promoting Quality Movement Experiences in Education Settings
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 9 other Masters in Sports Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International20453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20453 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4693 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): NZD 7,044-$7,588
- Fees (International): NZD 30,695 (120 pts) or 46,045 (180 pts)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.