Why to study
The Environment and Society masters programme at the University of Waikato is designed for graduates of undergraduate qualifications in social sciences, environmental sciences, law, economics or management.
You build on your qualifying degrees to gain advanced knowledge and critical analysis of the many and diverse perspectives applied to understanding and addressing environmental challenges.
You will complete a selection of core papers and engage in independent research in the area of environmental and societal inter relationships. The structure of the degree also allows you to include relevant papers from other disciplines such as environmental science, law, and management, and provides an ideal way to encourage close interconnections between theory and practice across a broad range of issues and topics relevant to environment and society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Anthropology
- Planning Theory
- Environment and Society Thesis
- Human Dimensions of Environmental Change
- Sustainable Futures
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 9 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International25466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25466 USD per year during 18 months.
National5109 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5109 USD per year during 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,098-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $35,375 (120 pts) or $53,065 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.