Learn to develop curriculum that enhances learning outcomes for all students and apply teaching strategies for various contexts. Become an adaptable and responsible teacher with expert judgement and critical problem solving skills.
- Excel in culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms with the Teaching and Learning (Secondary) MEd degree from James Cook University. This qualification is valued by government, Catholic, and independent schools in urban and regional Australia. Your skills will also transfer well to international settings.
- JCU Master of Teaching and Learning (Secondary) graduates are highly valued in North Queensland and culturally diverse communities.
- Graduates go on to work in Australian, international, rural, regional, and remote schools.
- You could find work as a secondary teacher with specialist skills in Indigenous education, diverse student needs, and regional teaching experience.
- Learners and Learning in Secondary School Contexts
- Junior Secondary Curriculum
- Literacy and Numeracy for Secondary Teachers
- Teaching for Learning in Diverse Secondary School Contexts
- Senior Curriculum
- Information and Communication Technologies across the Curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 39 other Masters in Pedagogy in Australia
CRICOS code: 095676C
- AQF Level 7 bachelor degree which includes subjects in two teaching areas appropriate to curriculum in Australian secondary schools
- US: Satisfactory completion of one year at a recognised university with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Germany: Successful completion of six months of study at a recognised German university with an overall grade of Pass or successful completion of Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Reifezeugnis.
- Sweden: Successful completion of Upper Secondary School or Kommunal vuxenutbildning with a minimum GPA of 12.
- Norway: Successful completion of at least six months of study at a recognised higher education institution in Norway; or successful completion of Norwegian Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skolen with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Denmark: Successful completion of one semester of study at a recognised higher education institution in Denmark with an overall grade of Pass (average of D).
International30960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30960 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21960 AUD per year during 24 months.
Estimated annual Commonwealth Supported Fee for domestic students a full-time study load $3,985.00
Living costs for Townsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.