The Master of Counselling (MCouns) at the University of Waikato is established as a flagship degree that has seen 92% of graduates over the past six years gain successful employment.
The degree has specifically been designed for professional counsellors or supervisors interested in leadership roles within the New Zealand counselling profession.
The programme has a key teaching focus on providing experiences in which you can further develop your professional attitudes, knowledge and competencies in the areas of counselling, group leadership, mediation and practitioner research. You'll graduate with a high level of knowledge and understanding through the narrative practice this programme is known for.
- NGO Social Service practices
- Private practice
- Family and relationship counselling
- Corrections and Probation
- Youth services
- Career support
- Pastoral care
- School counselling
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discourse and Counselling Psychologies
- Counselling Skills
- Counselling Young People and Families
- Counselling and Contexts
- Counselling Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 6 other Masters in Counselling in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International20453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20453 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4787 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4787 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Fees (Domestic): NZD 7,185-$7,740
- Fees (International): NZD 30,695 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.