Gain the essential skills to recruit, develop and manage an organisation's most valuable asset - its people.
Studying Management Studies - Human Resource Management at the University of Waikato turns you into a strategic player who knows how to position employees for the long-term success of a company.
A career in human resources is all about selecting the right people for the right jobs; then knowing how to train, develop and motivate staff to improve their individual performance. It means you'll be involved in all areas of staff recruitment, salaries, employee benefits, training programmes, managerial behaviour and staff productivity.
- Human resource manager
- Recruitment consultant
- Health and safety manager
- Industrial relations mediator
- Employment court official
- Human capital development strategist
- Payroll manager
- Mediation specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career Management and Development
- Human Resource Management Theory
- Sustainable Human Resource Management
- Women and Organisations
- Human Resource Management Dissertation
- Strategy and Organisational Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 5 other Masters in Human Resource Management in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International22212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22212 USD per year during 12 months.
National5749 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5749 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic fees: $7,986 - $11,979 per year
- International fees: $30,855 (120 points); $46,285 (180 points)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.