We offer papers in environmental planning, and geographic information systems as well as in social and cultural geography. A number of the papers have particular emphasis on M?ori and feminist perspectives, and the social, economic and political processes that produce them. We'll get you to understand and consider solutions for the world's rapid changes caused by development, tourism, globalisation, environmental degradation, population growth and consumption.
Geography at the University of Waikato goes beyond the classroom and opens you up to numerous career opportunities. Upon graduation, our students pursue careers in urban and regional planning, regional economic development, travel and tourism development, environmental consultancy, as well as the property and housing industry and local government.
- Environmental Manager
- Immigration Policy Analyst
- Urban or Regional Planner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plan Making
- Professional Planning Skills
- Plan and Consents
- Planning Theory
- Human Dimensions of Environmental Change
- Automated Spatial Analysis using Geographic Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
120 - 180
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 37 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22814 USD per year during 12 months.
National5560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5560 USD per year during 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,705-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615-$35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425-$53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.