This Library and Information Studies program at the University of Alberta typically extends over three years of full-time study.
At the time of admission, each student is assigned a Program Advisor from both the School of Library and Information Studies and the Alberta School of Business who will each provide advice and counselling in adapting the combined MBA/MLIS program to match career goals and objectives. Students should also consult the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research Graduate Program Manual, the University Calendar, and the Alberta School of Business website for additional information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Library and Information Studies
- Organization of Information
- Reference and Information Services
- Introduction to Research
- Business Skills Orientation (*0-credit, Mandatory Requirement)
- Career Management Skills (*0-credit, Mandatory Requirement)
- Introduction to Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting Information and Internal Decision Making
- Economic Foundations
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 30 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.