This War Studies program from University of New South Wales is well suited for history teachers and postgraduate scholars from a range of disciplines who have an interest in military history or armed conflict.
Why choose this degree?
The Master of War Studies hones analytical and interpretive skills within a wide range of military-related courses. Studies at UNSW Canberra offer unparalleled expertise in Australia, recognised success in the student experience and a high degree of compatibility with future career and study options.
Who should choose this degree?
Members of the Australian Defence Force and other military personnel, as well as members of the broader defence community, will find the degree has strong professional relevance. It is also suited to history teachers and others with a particular interest in Military History.
International affairs, security and defence professionals in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, including Defence.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Naval History and Strategy
- Amphibious Wartare
- Fighting the Second World War
- The Development otthe Art of War: A Survey
- Tne First world war 1914-1919
- Small Wars of Empire: Colonial Warfare trom 1700
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesHistory View 10 other Masters in History in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G
- You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to study at UNSW depending on your educational background and citizenship. English language skills are vitally important for coping with lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations and this is why UNSW requires a minimum English language competency for enrolment.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you will be given an offer to study at UNSW.
International39120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39120 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29280 AUD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.