Administrated by the Department of Biomedical Engineering, which is the first BME department established in Hong Kong, this Biomedical Engineering programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong is taught by faculty members from Faculty of Medicine, School of Life Sciences and Faculty of Engineering. Students are exposed to latest technical contents by practicing specialists.
- To be the premier source of well-educated biomedical engineers in the broad fields of medical devices, biosensors, bioinformatics, biomaterials, medical biotechnologies, and to nurture future leaders in the field of biomedical engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Basic Biomedical Science
- Medical Robotics
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Device Regulatory Affairs and Intellectual Property
- E-Health Technologies
- Medical Devices and Sensor Networks
- BioMEMS and Bio-Nanotechnology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics
The applicant should have:
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering, Science, or Medical discipline, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B" in undergraduate courses; or
- completed a course of study in tertiary educational institutes and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree (not lower than Second Class or equivalent); or
International23440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.