The Master of Accountancy course at The Chinese University of Hong Kong is designed for accounting and non-accounting graduates, with the aim to nurture professional accountants who can apply accounting knowledge and data analytics to develop business insights.
We leverage our extensive connections in the industry and powerful alumni network to enhance the career opportunities available to our graduates. As a MAcc student, you will graduate with a high proficiency in both practical and theoretical accounting, ready for a range of promising career options.
Some of our graduates continue in the accounting industry, developing expertise in auditing, taxation, forensic accounting and consulting. Others choose to work in finance, banking and related areas, becoming management trainees, financial analysts, risk-management consultants and investment analysts in private funds, investment banks and consulting firms.
Recognised and accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)—International, the Federation of Schools of Accountancy (FSA), the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CPA Australia, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (TIHK).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Financial Accounting and External Reporting
Cost and Management Accounting
Auditing and Professional Practice
Business and Company Law
Taxation and Tax Planning
Financial Accounting Theory
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Round 1: 4 December 2020
- Round 2: 26 February 2021
- Round 3: 23 April 2021
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 26 other Masters in Finance in Hong Kong (SAR)
- FT: In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, applicants should submit a score report of GMAT or GRE. The validity period for GMAT or GRE score results is 5 years from the test date. For details of the score requirements please refer to the programme website.
- PT: In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, preference will be given to applicants with relevant full-time post-qualification work experience. Although GMAT/GRE scores are not required, applicants are highly encouraged to provide good GMAT/GRE result for consideration.
International39049 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39049 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National39049 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39049 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Full-time programme: 295,000 HKD
- Part-time programme: 240,000 HKD
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.