- Earn high-level skills in cutting-edge theoretical and spectroscopic techniques
- Gain deep insights into molecular physics, chemistry, and biochemistry
- Work in international, multicultural, and interdisciplinary teams
- Learn to develop and solve scientific questions by applying suitable theoretical and experimental methods to a wide range of interdisciplinary scientific challenges
- The Molecular Sciences - Spectroscopy and Simulation (iMOS) Master's Program takes two years and is taught in English.
- Prerequisite basic knowledge of classical mechanics, thermodynamics/statistical mechanics is mandatory. Success in the program requires relying on your skills in quantum mechanics, mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Study within an active, interdisciplinary research environment
- Work together with top researchers in their field
- Gain early hands-on experience in high profile research within the Cluster of Excellence RESOLV
- Spend three months on an international internship
- Qualify for your funded doctoral thesis in Germany
- Fast-track option for outstanding students: Start your doctoral work after only one year
Germany is one of the world‘s leaders in applied optical technologies and has flourishing chemical and pharmaceutical industries. There are excellent opportunities for alumni with a top-level education and training in spectroscopic and simulation techniques.The International Master program, Molecular Sciences - Spectroscopy and Simulation (iMOS) is offered by Ruhr University of Bochum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dynamics and Simulation
- Concepts of Spectroscopy
- Concepts of Molecular Chemistry
- Electronic and Molecular Structure Theory
- Theoretical Spectroscopy
- Concepts of Quantum Mechanics
- Statistical Physics and Thermodynamics
- Biomolecular Simulation
- Methods of Structural Analysis
- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance
- Scientific Programming Methods for Chemists
They are looking for students who have a passion for science and wish to work in an international environment.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Biochemistry View 37 other Masters in Chemistry in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- 1 passport photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified* copy of high school certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate
- Certified* copy of qualifying academic degree
- Certified* copy of subjects and grades
- Optional: a personal statement describing your motivation to apply for the program
- Proof of English language skills
- Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) for students from China, Vietnam, and/or Mongolia. See your local Embassy for up to date Visa requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
RUB does not charge tuition fees. A semester contribution fee of approx. €332 must be paid before the start of every semester, which includes a transit pass.
Will you also pursue a PhD? Is a Fast-Track / 1 + 3 PhD for you? Complete your Spectroscopy and Simulation courses while enrolled in the integrated School of Solvation Science at Ruhr Explores Solvation Cluster of Excellence (iGSS at RESOLV). Apply for the Track II stipend by May 15th. Qualified applicants hold a minimum 1.5 GPA (German scale) and are knowledgeable about specific doctoral projects with RESOLV investigators.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.