Students in this program must be self-directed learners, must have access to high speed internet connections, and must schedule time during the school year to complete weekly intensive practicum assignments as well as a semester of student teaching in an elementary or middle school.
The Graduate Certificate in Elementary Education is embedded in the M.A.T. program at the University of Alaska Southeast. For more information on certification see the graduate certificate section of this catalog. This program leads to a Master’s degree as well as recommendation for an Alaska Initial Elementary (grades K-8) teaching certificate.
For student teaching, the department may limit registration, determine assignments, and prescribe the number of teaching hours required. Six successful credits of student teaching are required. The Program Director reserves the right to require an additional 3-6 credit hours of student teaching for students who fail to meet the standard.
- Physical Education in the K-8 Curriculum
- Health in the K-8 Curriculum
- The Learner and the Learning Process
- Art in the K-8 Curriculum
- Music in the K-8 Curriculum
- Drama in the K-8 Curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation View 4097 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed graduate application and $60 nonrefundable application fee.
- An official transcript indicating baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.00.
- Two recommendations addressing professional dispositions for the Elementary program on specific forms provided by the Alaska College of Education.
- Interested Person Report.
- A writing sample consisting of two pieces: (a) Statement of professional objectives and (b) An impromptu writing sample (prompt provided by Alaska College of Education).
- Information Release Waiver Statement.
- Documentation of successful work with children and early classroom experience.
- Passing Praxis CASE/Core exam scores must be sent to UAS. Students taking the Praxis outside of Alaska must also have the scores sent to the Alaskan Department of Education & Early Development (code R7027)
- Student Information Sheet
International25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12948 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12948 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6156 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Brookfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.