More concretely it trains professionals to be able to help organizations acting in the territory (enterprises, local communities, civil society organizations) to draft sustainable development policies for economic, social, environmental, international and intercultural management.
The Master concerns the economic competitiveness, social inclusion, environmental protection, international cooperation and intercultural relation challenges of territorial development focussing not only on local communities, but also on enterprises, non-state actors and civil society organizations.
It also aims to offer an example of sustainable territory involving all local organizations, which should have human resources available and able to promote sustainable development.
The STeDe - Sustainable Territorial Development programme from University of Padua can be attended only on a full-time basis. Attending lectures is compulsory; no distance learning will be provided.
Teaching languages are English and French.
The Master refers to the ability of:
– giving recommendations in the area of sustainable territorial development;
– taking part in the idea, analysis and management of a sustainable development policy on the territory;
– assessing the different validation tools for sustainable development actions and policies within public and private territorial organizations.
Job opportunities for alumni could be found in all sectors where sustainable development actions should be implemented, in particular in territorial organizations responsible for the creation of sustainable territories (territorial communities, enterprises, non-state actors and civil society organizations, local governments), the central government and international organizations.
Potential posts are: environmental adviser; sustainable development manager in local communities, public administrations, enterprises, civil society organizations & local governments; representative within local public institutions, national and international institutions, enterprises, trade unions & professional bodies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Communication, culture and the knowledge of Italian socio-cultural environment
- Group Dynamics and Transformative Learning
- Project planning and evaluation
- Environmental and Social Responsibility in Local Development Process
- How to Measure the Impact of Local Development
- How to Enhance Group Dynamics: Issues in Sustainable Development, Intercultural Dialogue and Territoriality
- Territorial Development and GIS
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Padua and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Copy of your Passport or ID
- Proof of place of residence (e.g. residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules or certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the institution in question, etc. For more info on eligible documents, please see PRADO website)
- Copy Diploma(s) and other award certificate(s) + copy of the Diploma Supplement whenever IF available
- Copy of your Transcript of Records
- Copy of 2 reference letters (PLEASE NOTE: must be on headed paper of the institution where your referees belong to and duly signed)
- Curriculum vitae (Europass format ONLY, download the templete)
- Personal Statement to be filled in English (download the template)
- Language proficiency diplomas or certificates (if any)
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
The Consortium Board may apply fee waivers reducing the tuition fees of 20% for academic Year for both EU and non-EU Applicants.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.