The degree program's objective goes beyond technical training in accounting practices. The Old Westbury faculty encourages students to integrate technical knowledge with ethical judgment - with analytical skills that can be adapted to the ever-changing American business climate - and with the ability to communicate with others for the betterment of their organizations and themselves.
Students in the M.S. in Accounting at SUNY Old Westbury who wish to be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in New York State are required to have completed a 150-credit hour program. The M.S. in Accounting degree is recognized and registered by the New York State Education Department as satisfying the 150-credit hour requirement and also as qualification for a one-year work experience requirement relating to CPA licensure.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting Theory
- Cost Accounting and Management Applications
- Advanced Government & Not-for-profit Acccounting
- Auditing for Public Accounting
- Tax Accounting for Individuals
- Legal Environment of Business
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 62-credit program for those holding other undergraduate degrees
DisciplinesAccounting View 542 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Completion of a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or BBA degree. Those with degrees in areas other than Accounting or its equivalent may have to complete additional undergraduate prerequisites.
- An official GMAT Examination score taken within the last 5 years (see GMAT waiver below).
- All official college transcripts (admission is based on a review of the combination of cumulative undergraduate Grade Point Average and GMAT score).
- Two letters of reference (professional or academic)
- An essay about the applicant’s career goals and a self-assessment of their strengths.
- A $50 application fee.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.