At the Physician Assistant Studies program ffered by Saint Ambrose University you will be trained in the medical model to provide patient care, including physical examinations, ordering tests, diagnosing and treating illness, performing minor procedures, as well as first-assisting in surgery.
Our 29-month program is comprised of 124 credit hours. We accept a new class of 30 students annually through a competitive application process and coursework begins in the summer.
The first 14 months of the program are didactic. Classroom and laboratory studies include anatomy, pathology, physical examination and clinical medicine. The following 15 months are clinical rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, surgery, OB-gyn, and psychiatry.
Graduates will be eligible to seek licensure to practice in one or more of the 50 states, and we prepare them well. All members (100%) of the MPAS Class of 2017 passed the NCCPA exam on the first attempt.
In 2017, Forbes Magazine gave the physician assistant graduate degree a first-place ranking based on salary and employment outlook, citing, in part, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projection of a 37 percent increase in PA positions by 2026. The average annual wage for a physician assistant in 2016 was $102,090 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
And students from St. Ambrose University are no exception. Our 2016 MPAS graduates were tremendously successful in securing employment, and many received multiple offers prior to graduation. Some also received signing bonuses and tuition compensation from their employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Physiology
- Medical Pathology
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Professional Practice Issues
- Communication in Medicine
- Healthcare Systems
- 29 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 1386 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- The Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) is 29 months in length consisting of a 14-month didactic component followed by 15-month supervised clinical clerkship component. The didactic phase is comprised of classroom instruction in advanced basic sciences, clinical skills, clinical medicine, pharmacology, behavioral medicine, ethics, and research.
- In general, classes are held Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students are expected to attend all classes and should have no other commitments during these hours.
International41958 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 101400 USD for the full programme during 29 months.
National41958 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 101400 USD for the full programme during 29 months.
Living costs for Davenport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.