About Physician Assistant Studies at Saint Ambrose University
At the Physician Assistant Studies program offered by Saint Ambrose University you will be trained in the medical model to provide patient care, including physical examinations, ordering tests, diagnosing and treating illness, performing minor procedures, as well as first-assisting in surgery.
Our 29-month program is comprised of 124 credit hours. We accept a new class of 30 students annually through a competitive application process and coursework begins in the summer.
The first 14 months of the program are didactic. Classroom and laboratory studies include anatomy, pathology, physical examination and clinical medicine. The following 15 months are clinical rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, surgery, OB-gyn, and psychiatry.
Graduates will be eligible to seek licensure to practice in one or more of the 50 states, and we prepare them well. All members (100%) of the MPAS Class of 2017 passed the NCCPA exam on the first attempt.
In 2017, Forbes Magazine gave the physician assistant graduate degree a first-place ranking based on salary and employment outlook, citing, in part, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projection of a 37 percent increase in PA positions by 2026. The average annual wage for a physician assistant in 2016 was $102,090 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
And students from St. Ambrose University are no exception. Our 2016 MPAS graduates were tremendously successful in securing employment, and many received multiple offers prior to graduation. Some also received signing bonuses and tuition compensation from their employers.
- Advanced Physiology
- Medical Pathology
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Professional Practice Issues
- Communication in Medicine
- Healthcare Systems
- 29 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students: Rolling Admissions
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 156 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a major of your choice.
- Earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully completed specific prerequisite courses (listed at the bottom of this page) with a grade of "C" or higher. We do not accept prerequisite coursework graded pass/fail or credit obtained by CLEP exam or Advanced Placement (AP).
- Documented at least 500 hours of healthcare experience with direct patient contact.
- Document at least 16 hours of shadowing a physician assistant.
- Meet technical standards for admission, progression, and graduation from the program. See the Technical Standards section below.
- Submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores within five calendar years prior to the term of intended enrollment. Official scores must be verified through CASPA by Nov. 1.
- Complete a campus interview
- Complete the online Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) online application
International44076 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 106518 USD for the full programme during 29 months.
National44076 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 106518 USD for the full programme during 29 months.
Living costs for Davenport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.