About Climate Change and Global Sustainability at School for International Training
Starting in fall 2018, SIT’s one-year MA in Climate Change and Global Sustainability will take students to the front lines of this international issue. They will spend the entire first semester in Iceland, the second semester in Tanzania, and the third semester doing a supervised, skills-building practicum anywhere in the world.
- The 36-credit Climate Change and Global Sustainability program at School for International Training kicks off in late August 2018 in Iceland, where students will be based at the University Centre of the Westfjords in Ísafjörður as they examine the natural sciences and renewable energy solutions in the Arctic.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Science of Global Climate Change
- Political Economy of Sustainable Development and Environmental Change
- Climate Change Methods and Impact Assessment in the Arctic
- Energy and Climate Policy in Iceland
- Climate Change and Sustainable Livelihoods
- Natural Resources Management in an Era of Environmental Change
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Sustainable Development Urban Planning View 197 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- US bachelor’s degree or an equivalent that demonstrates academic ability (not applicable for some certificate programs). Applicants from institutions outside the US must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Demonstrated English language ability (see details below)
- Intercultural and professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to use experience as a source of learning
International45445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45445 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National45445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45445 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Brattleboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.