During this Climate Change And Global Sustainability program at the School for International you’ll examine current global environmental governance and consider opportunities for effective climate action in a rapidly changing world.
Starting in Iceland, you’ll be introduced to climate science, assessment methods, and energy and climate policy. You’ll see Iceland’s energy alternatives to fossil fuels as well as its methods for reducing carbon dioxide output.
You’ll also discover Iceland’s core policies of environmental governance and changing geopolitical role as a leader in energy innovation as part of Europe.
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Nonprofit and NGO Management
- Nonprofits and NGOs
- Policy Advocacy
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Science of Global Climate Change
- Political Economy of Sustainable Development and Environmental Change
- Climate Change Methods and Impact Assessment in the Arctic
- Energy and Climate Policy in Iceland
- Climate Change and Sustainable Livelihoods
- Natural Resources Management in an Era of Environmental Change
- Social and Ecological Methods on Tropical Coasts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority Deadline: January 31
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Sustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 117 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- US bachelor’s degree or an equivalent that demonstrates academic ability
- Demonstrated English language ability
- Intercultural and professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to use experience as a source of learning
International43500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43500 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National43500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43500 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.