Why study MA Anthropology and Museum Practice at Goldsmiths, University of London?
- Whether you're a professional looking to expand your subject expertise in anthropology, or an anthropologist looking to move into the museum sector, the course will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to make a difference in your career.
- This degree is run in partnership with The Horniman Museum and Gardens. You'll learn from professionals who work with the institution's world-renowned anthropology collection, and gain practical skills in curation and conservation, using material and digital archives, running museum education programmes and engaging diverse audiences.
- You'll analyse museums as sites of imagination and distinction and think about how they can be more inclusive places.
- If you haven’t studied anthropology previously, you’ll have the opportunity to sit in on the Masters-level Introduction to Social Anthropology module, which will give you a solid grounding in the subject - and enable you to hit the ground running.
This course provides you with a unique opportunity to develop both your academic and practical skills in anthroplogy and museum practice. This combination will provide you with an excellent grounding for a career in museum and anthropology work. This could include roles such as:
- Community education
- Exhibitions officer
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Material Culture
- Museum Anthropology
- Museum Practice
- MA Anthropology and Museum Practice Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
DisciplinesAnthropology Museum Studies View 117 other Masters in Anthropology in United Kingdom
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
International19750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU - part-time: £5225
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.