It has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to recommend qualified candidates for the Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Psychology, including the Intern Credential.
La Verne’s Master of Science School Psychology programs offer training in counseling and psychology, and prepare school psychologists to work with age groups from infancy through adolescence.
School psychology is an ideal career for those interested in:
- using psychological knowledge and practices to impact learning in the school setting
- helping children develop their full learning potential
- changing school practices and policies to reduce barriers to student achievement
- collaborating with teachers, parents, and administrators to improve student learning
- developing personal leadership skills including effective interpersonal and communication skills
- working effectively as a student support services team member
- engaging in flexible professional roles through challenging and diverse activities
- demonstrating professional behavior and ethical standards
More informationVisit official programme website
- Educational Psychology
- Human Development
- Learning Disabilities and Neurology
- Child Psychopathology
- Introduction to School Psychology
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Counseling and Psychological Theories
- Behavioral Interventions for Academic Success
- Instruction and Intervention
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Individual Counseling in Schools
- Group Counseling in Schools
- Psychology of Multiculturalism in Schools
- Consultation Skills for School Psychologists
- Individual Assessment
- Advanced Assessment
- Alternative Assessment and Behavior Intervention
- Elective from recommended LFCE classes
- Practicum I in School Psychology A
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
64-67 semester hours
DisciplinesPsychology View 896 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
- Completed application with non-refundable application fee. Fees submitted from outside the United States must be in international money orders written in US dollars (please ensure the applicant’s name is included on the money order).
- Statement of Purpose: Provide approximately a 200 word essay outlining goals for graduate study.
International775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.