The MSc Process Safety is developed with the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and industry to produce qualified Process Safety Engineers. On this programme, you will be exposed to the major issues and challenges facing industry today, including operational safety, risk assessment and management and develop a professional approach to managing these accordingly.
Process Safety programme at University of Aberdeen is distinctive because it is designed for students with a chemical engineering background, or those with a background in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering, with good chemical/chemistry knowledge.
A major component of the MSc Process Safety programme is understanding and managing risk. You will be introduced to the tools and processes used to identify, assess and manage risk, taking such issues as process operations and human factors into account.
Safety will always remain one of the most important areas of focus for industry. This will result in a continuous demand for skilled, knowledgeable academics around the globe.
- Chemical Engineer
- HSSE Lead Engineer
- Process Safety Engineer
- Risk Analyst
- Risk and Safety Manager
- Safety Engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Process Risk Identification and Management
- Upstream Oil & Gas Processing
- Applied Risk Analysis and Management
- Process Plant, Equipment and Operations
- Loss of Containment
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Process Design, Layout and Materials
- Human Factors Engineering
- Individual Project in Process Safety
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesRisk Management View 106 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
- 2:1 (upper second class) UK Honours degree, or an Honours degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth in Chemical Engineering.
- 2:1 in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering with evidence of strength in key aspects of Chemical Engineering.
- Those with a High 2:2 Honours degree in Engineering may also be considered if they can demonstrate 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Key subjects you must have covered: Mathematics and Thermodynamics.
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
online- £925 for taught courses; £690 for the project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.