The courses in this programme are coordinated and taught by the best research academics within the school. During your curriculum you have to opportunity to work with them throughout your coursework, but also during your research internship. Furthermore, our cooperation with top universities worldwide will allow you to follow guest lectures by international experts, putting you at the forefront of the latest academic research.
Why this programme?
The Research Master programme in Economic and Financial Research programme from Maastricht University is a high-level programme designed for bachelor graduates who wish to further challenge themselves. A limited number of students attend the Research Master in Economic and Financial Research which makes participating a unique experience. Because of the small group size, you have intense contact with your fellow students and tutors.
Our best researchers and (inter-)national experts are involved in the coordination and education of the courses. Moreover, during your studies you have the opportunity to further tailor-make your study experience by following courses related to your personal specialty (within the university or elsewhere).
Graduates who decided to not pursue a PhD, often continue their professional career in large international organisations, research agencies, consulting, and governmental institutions. Our graduates have found positions such as:
- Quantitative Analyst, Neuberger Berman
- Consultant, Bain & Company
- Modeling Analyst, ABN-AMRO
- Quantitative Research Analyst, ING Investment Management
- Consultant Financial Risk Management, Capgemini Consulting
- Demand Chain Planner, DSM Engineering Plastics
- PhD candidate, Maastricht University and other universities worldwide
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You choose from a number of advanced courses within four disciplinary focus areas:
- Econometrics, Finance and Monetary Economics
- Economic Theory and Behaviour
- Labour and Education
- Technology, Innovation and Industrial Dynamics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Econometrics View 63 other Masters in Finance in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- List of grades of your bachelor’s programme
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official GMAT or GRE score report
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your valid passport or your EU/EEA identity card
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.