On the MA English Programme offered by University of Limerick students will develop expertise in self-directed learning and the pursuit of independent research as they also become familiar with current critical conversations in such areas as Irish studies, migration studies, modernism, postcolonialism, gender and sexuality studies, and early modern studies.
The aim of the programme:
- To broaden and deepen the students' knowledge of literatures in English, literary and cultural theory, and textual practices;
- To provide students with a knowledge of the cultural, political, and historical contexts of literary movements and genres;
- To ensure that students can engage with current critical debates in the areas of, for example, modernism, post-colonialism, utopianism, gender and literature, and migration studies;
- To enable students to develop their writing and editing skills in the production of a literary magazine;
- To enhance students' analytical and critical thinking skills, to instruct them in the use of both traditional and technological research resources, and to provide them the opportunity of completing substantial original research;
- To provide students with the opportunity and skills for independent research and self-directed learning;
- To enhance students' career opportunities, including the provision of the knowledge and skills required to advance to doctoral degree studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Literary and Cultural Theory
- Advanced Editing: Creating a Literary Journal
- Literary Modernism
- Gender & Sexuality in Irish Writing
- Literature of Migration
- Cultural Constructions of the Past
- Literature, Film, and Human Rights
- Research Methods in Literary and Cultural Studies
- Thesis Writing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 43 other Masters in Language Studies in Ireland
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification(s) if English is not your first language
- Certified English translation of your transcripts/certificates where the original transcripts are in a language other than English
- A personal satement
- Two (2) academic letters of reference
- A writing sample
- A copy of your Birth Certificate (long document)
International12884 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12884 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5912 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5912 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Year 2: EU/EEA 3,196 eur/ Non-EU/EEA 6,966 eur
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.