Economics is the basis of a general and systematic understanding of economic transactions in society. Learn more about majoring in Economics and the unique opportunity to select courses from three universities.
The specialisation builds on a logically consistent structure, which relies on rational criteria for decision-making. Economics offers perspectives on essential features of all types of markets ranging from local retailers to global currency markets.
Courses and outline of studies
The extensive spectrum of high-quality courses offered is made possible through our close cooperation with our two partners within Helsinki Graduate School of Economics Helsinki GSE (formerly known as HECER, Helsinki Center of Economic Research). This collaboration means that you'll be able to choose courses from both Aalto University School of Economics and the University of Helsinki. As of 2020, also Hanken's admitted students will be offered the possibility to complete courses within the Research Master's program, through the Hanken & GSE cooperation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- As a PhD student at Hanken, you have access to a broad range of courses, conferences and workshops both in Finland and abroad. During your studies you have good opportunities to follow and contribute to the knowledge development within your research field.
- Subject to approval by your degree supervisor, you can take Hanken's own doctoral courses as well as courses offered by other universities and doctoral programmes in Finland and abroad, such as KATAJA and FDPE in Finland or EIASM in Europe.
- The courses you study do not have to focus directly on the topic of your thesis. They may well cover a broader topic within your chosen major, or relate to some specific aspect of your field of research.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 13 other Masters in Economics in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from a recognised university or polytechnic
- Language requirements
- At least 30 ECTS in subjects relevant for the programme specialisation/track
- GMAT or GRE admission test/GPA requirement
- Motivational Questionnaire
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.