Social Work from Liverpool Hope University was developed in consultation with Social Care Service Users and Stakeholders, who are also, actively involved in delivery of the programme.
Practising social car professionals ensure teaching is relevant to the cutting edge of today's social work agenda and teaching methods facilitate participative learning. The MA course is nationally recognised and validated and leads to eligibility to register with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) as a professional social worker.
Social work is a large and growing sector which provides a wide variety of career opportunities. About half of Social Workers are involved in some way with supporting children, families and young people. However, if you prefer to work mainly with adults there are many specialist areas in which to develop your skills and your career, such as working with people using mental health services or enabling people with a learning disability to live independent lives. For more information see the British Association of Social Workers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law and Ethics
- Framing Social Problems
- Methods and Theories of Social Work Interventions
- Critical Themes and Issues Influencing Contemporary Practice
- Power, Partnership and Professionalism
- Advanced Research-based seminars
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
We advise you to apply for a postgraduate degree as early as possible.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 251 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- Normally a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree
- GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics and English (Grade 4 or above in the new grading system) or equivalent before application
- Appropriate and relevant experience
- Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally the Criminal Records Bureau – CRB).
- Relevant professional experience.
- English proficiency
International5700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5700 GBP per year during 26 months.
EU/EEA3180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3180 GBP per year during 26 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.