The new Social Work programme from Liverpool Hope University was developed in consultation with Social Care Service Users and Stakeholders, who are also, actively involved in delivery of the programme.
Practising social car professionals ensure teaching is relevant to the cutting edge of today's social work agenda and teaching methods facilitate participative learning. The MA course is nationally recognised and validated and leads to eligibility to register with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) as a professional social worker.
Social work is a large and growing sector which provides a wide variety of career opportunities. About half of Social Workers are involved in some way with supporting children, families and young people. However, if you prefer to work mainly with adults there are many specialist areas in which to develop your skills and your career, such as working with people using mental health services or enabling people with a learning disability to live independent lives. For more information see the British Association of Social Workers.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Critical Themes and Issues Influencing Contemporary Practice
- Power, Partnership and Professionalism
- Advanced Research-based seminars
- Practise Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 222 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- Normally a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree
- GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics and English (Grade 4 or above in the new grading system) or equivalent before application
- Appropriate and relevant experience
- Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally the Criminal Records Bureau – CRB).
International11400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11400 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.