The Information Security and Digital Forensics program from Niagara University equips individuals with the knowledge necessary for the Certified Information Systems Security Management Professionals (CISSP) certification. Students are trained utilizing professional applications in computer and mobile forensics, and provided knowledge and expertise in network security, ethical hacking and privacy. This training occurs in one of our new on-campus information security labs.
The ISDF program isn’t only intended for computer and information sciences majors, but also for students majoring in criminal justice, business, healthcare and accounting.
The demand for specialized information security workers is on the rise, and the future indicates that this field will continue to grow nationwide. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the information security field will grow by 18 percent.
Additionally, the New York State Department of Labor has outlined a similar statewide growth rate (17.2 percent) for the same period.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Principles of Information Security and Federal Law
- Data Privacy
- Managing Security Risks
- Ethical Hacking
- Network Security
- Software Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security View 221 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Official transcripts from colleges and universities attended indicating the awarding of an accredited undergraduate degree.
- An online application.
- Two letters of recommendation - Academic or Professional (the form is automatically generated during the online application).
- Personal statement - Two-page, double-spaced, typewritten statement discussing your academic and/or research background, your career goals, your personal philosophy related to your area of study, and how Niagara University's graduate program will prepare you to meet your career and educational objectives.
- GRE scores taken within the past five years. Students that have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of over 3.0 area are not required to submit a GRE for consideration.
- Optional Resume.
International26250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.