During the Directing course at MetFilm School Berlin you’ll do a unique industry project that will give you experience working with external clients, not offered by any other film school in the world.
- Practical. Around 70% of the curriculum is practical, hands-on experience. You will have an opportunity to work with professional actors, shoot on location and participate in moving camera exercises
- Teamwork. Work collaboratively with students on other MA courses (Cinematography, Screenwriting, Producing etc.) as a creative crew to mirror the industry practice. Experience what it takes to deliver the project from start to finish, and develop your communication, negotiation, and project management skills
- Working with external clients. Respond to a professional brief from external clients to produce an industry project. Past projects clients include Berlin based charities, start-ups, NGOs and independent artists.
- Industry-facing. Learn from the best industry professionals, including Cinematographers, Casting Directors, Location Managers and Production Designers.
The graduates work in the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and as other screen professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screen Lab
- Directing Boot Camp
- The Actor and the Story
- Director’s Craft and Creative Collaboration
- Advanced Visual Storytelling
- Research and Project Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 19 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To apply for the MA course you will need to be 18 years of age or older at the time the course starts.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2:1 honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent. Applicants without this qualification, but possessing relevant work experience, are also invited to apply. Each application is considered on its individual merits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA19500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.