This one-year Conservation Behaviour degree from from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology focuses on how animal behaviour can be applied to wildlife conservation. This is an exciting new area of study, known as Conservation Behaviour, and is suitable for those interested in careers in animal behaviour and/or conservation.
You will study the behaviour of a wide range of species from marine, freshwater and terrestrial habitats, and you will learn how an understanding of animal behaviour can contribute to the conservation and management of those species.
You will acquire a range of applied skills, such as camera trap surveying for terrestrial mammals, visual and acoustic monitoring of marine mammals, abundance estimation of marine mammals using mark-recapture and distance, geographic information systems (GIS), and data analysis using R and RStudio.
Graduates will be well prepared for careers in wildlife conservation and management, or may continue to PhD research.
Potential employers may include:
- Ecological Consultancies
- Non-Governmental Organisations and Charities
- Research Institutes
- Government Agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in Conservation Behaviour
- Data Analysis using R and RStudio
- Residential Field Course
- Applied Geographic Information Systems
- Animal Behaviour: Recording and Analysis
- Acoustic Monitoring as a Marine Conservation Tool
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation View 10 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Ireland
- The minimum requirement is a 2.2 in a cognate Honours Degree, e.g. Animal Behaviour, Conservation Biology, Zoology, Ecology, Environmental Science, etc.
- Non EU, non-native English speakers, must have a score of 6.0 in IELTS or equivalent.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.