The Specializing Master in Yacht Design of the Politecnico di Milano collects and consolidates opportunities and resources developed by the University, with particular reference to skills in the fields of industrial design, fluid dynamics, mechanics, materials science; on the other hand it uses resources, experience and expertise acquired at a number of other Italian universities including: University “Federico II” of Naples, University of Catania and University of Chieti.
The Politecnico di Milano Design School offers this Specializing Master jointly with POLI.design, founded by Politecnico di Milano. The program was founded to meet the strong demand for training in the pleasure-cratf segment. The yacht’s market requires professionals with specialist post-university training.
Students attending the programme will find employment at yacht design practices or yards and in ancillary industries. The potential fields of professional involvement are: technical office; engineering; project management; production control; quality control; fitting-out; styling; customisation; after sales.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Yacht Design
- Design and representation
- Naval Architecture
- On-board Systems and Propulsion Equipment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- for Italian / foreign citizens with a qualification obtained in Italy within 6 January
- for Extra U.E. citizens within December
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Marine Engineering View 50 other Masters in Design in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Specializing Master in Yacht Design is open to applicants who have a university degree (Laurea, equivalent to a Bachelor of Science) under the old or the new educational system or a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to a Master of Science) under the new educational system in Architecture, Engineering and Industrial Design, and in related economic disciplines, and to applicants with equivalent qualifications.
- The Board shall admit applicants who have qualifications in disciplines other than those specified above, if the Master may complete the training of the applicant or the professional skills and experience shown by same.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.