Key study areas include sport markets and industries, service quality in sport, the economics of sport and leisure, sport governance, policy and law, management of human resources, research methods, accounting, marketing, strategic management and more.
With strong links existing between the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences and various sport management practitioners across the UK, we host guest speakers who present interesting and relevant case studies and provide opportunities for you to network with key players in the industry.
You will address topics such as professional sport marketing strategies, new sport policies, and the governance of sport federations. You will develop strong team working skills through regular group work, skills which are paramount for a successful career in the global sport industry. The degree will develop your practical skills to work in the sport industry internationally.
The Sport Management MSc programme at Loughborough University typically attracts students from over 20 different countries around the world, so you'll be a part of a vibrant and diverse postgraduate learning community, with a shared interest in the business of sport.
Loughborough Sport Management graduates are known around the world for their engagement in the sport sector. Typical roles include:
- sport marketing managers
- health and fitness/facility managers
- sport and leisure consultants
- sports development officers
- local authority sport and leisure officers
- national sport federation officers
Some graduates go on to undertake PhD research as a gateway into academic or high level policy positions.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- Adidas, Trainee Sports Management Specialist
- Arena Sports, Sport & Events Manager
- Australian Rules Football Association in India, National Development Officer
- England Handball Association, North West Handball Development Officer
- Escape Fitness, Marketing Executive
- Glion Institute of Higher Education – Switzerland, Lecturer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics of Innovation in Sport
- Human Resource Management in the Sport Industry
- Research Methods and Skills for Sport Managers
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Global Sport Marketing and Media
- Managing Strategy Development in Sports Organisations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 133 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification in sports science or social science discipline.
International23500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The fee stated is for a full-time student. Part-time students should divide the fee by 180 credits and then multiply by the number of credits they are taking to calculate their tuition.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.