Global health integrates expertise and perspectives from the fields of public health, medicine, epidemiology, health economics, behavioural science, environmental sciences and anthropology, among others.
The Global Health programme at Karolinska Institutet provides a new platform for research, education and information on health challenges faced by the world population.
- You have a potential field of work in national or international organisations that work with low or middle income countries around issues related to poverty and health.
- Upon completion of the programme you are also eligible to apply for doctoral education (PhD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This one-year programme consists of three parts. The core part provides a common knowledge base.
- The advanced part contains courses addressing different specific areas of global health such as communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health.
- The final part is a research project submitted as a thesis, which can be carried out in Sweden or in a low or middle income country where Karolinska Institutet has an existing collaboration.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with foreign academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements for master's applicants at universityadmissions.se
- Applicants with Swedish academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements at antagning.se
- All documents must have reached University Admissions by the deadline for supporting documents 3rd of February 2020
International17283 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17283 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
180 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.