The Cyber Security programme from University of Kent would also be an excellent starting point for those wishing to carry out further research in cyber security. Taught Master’s programmes are available with an optional industrial placement.
This programme aims to:
- enhance the career prospects of graduates seeking employment in the computing/IT sector
- prepare you for research and/or professional practice at the forefront of the discipline
- develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of one or more areas of computing/IT and their applications (according to your degree title)
- develop a variety of advanced intellectual and transferable skills
- equip you with the lifelong learning skills necessary to keep abreast of future developments in the field.
Our programmes of study are designed to equip our graduates with the skills and knowledge that make them highly attractive to potential employers, providing a good balance between theoretical studies and real-life applications. The recent REF indicated that the School's research was in the top quartile of 89 Computing departments across the UK. Our graduates therefore benefit from a first-rate academic experience as well as being prepared to face the demands of the economic environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Industrial Placement Report
- Image Analysis with Security Applications
- Security, Privacy and Trust Management
- Cyber Law
- Networks and Network Security
- Computer Security
- Project and Dissertation
- Project Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for home/EU students, but we strongly recommend you apply no later than three months before your intended start date.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security Software Engineering View 124 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
- A first, 2.1 or good 2.2 honours degree (or equivalent) in computing or a related subject with a strong background in programming.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9100 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU - £15400
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.