The Secondary Teaching program offered by Griffith University includes education studies, curriculum studies in two nominated teaching areas, and professional experience in secondary school settings.
Graduates of the Master of Secondary Teaching will be qualified to teach students in public and private secondary schools anywhere in Australia as well as at equivalent levels overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Griffith Dimensions of Learning and Teaching
- Junior Years Teaching
- Understanding Diverse Learner
- Contemporary Influences on Secondary Schooling
- Pedagogies for Engaged Learners
- Supporting Literacy and Numeracy within and across the Curriculum
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 130 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
- Applicants will need a completed Bachelor degree (or equivalent) that does not lead to teacher registration (with a minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 7-point scale) with disciplinary strengths in two distinctive teaching areas.
- Applicants must also complete non-academic entry requirements to be eligible for this program.
- You can explore the key learning areas further on the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority website. Applicants must have completed a quarter of their degree (a minimum of six subjects) in their first nominated teaching area. The second teaching area must include a minimum of another six courses for senior secondary or four courses for junior secondary.
International30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 18 months.
National4000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.