Theoretical insights are all the more needed after the great financial crisis of 2008 that has shown that blind applications of valuation and risk management models could prove unproductive. These theoretical insights are acquired by students with the instruction offered by world-class academics who have contributed to building them.
We offer a master degree in Financial Markets and Risk Evaluation at the Toulouse 1 Capitole University. Practical insights are also offered to ensure that students are accustomed to the functioning and vocabulary of financial markets, the strategies of investors and the pricing of financial assets, with a particular emphasis on risk measurement and evaluation.
Students pursuing the Financial Market and Risk Evaluation track will also learn to:
- Use modelling and computational tools to price financial assets ;
- Understand the functioning of financial markets ;
- Identify and manage operational and financial risks.
- Asset pricing
- Corporate Finance
- Information Technology for Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Economics for Finance
- Asset Management and Trading
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of 240 ECTS
- An English language test for non-English speakers (B2 required). List of the English language certificates accepted here.
- Examination of candidate’s application and possible interview (choice of track)
Living costs for Toulouse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.