In the first semester of the The Econometrics and Empirical Economics programme of Toulouse School of Economics, students will receive a solid training in microeconometrics, time series, panel data models, non-parametric methods, large dimension statistical tools, computer programming, and database management system. In the second semester, students apply these training to do empirical studies in industrial organization, finance, public policy evaluation programs, health and insurance, data analytics and big data.
Courses are taught in English by TSE faculty members with well-established international reputation in econometrics, empirical economics, industrial organization, and finance among others. This training is completed with an empirical project done during the whole year in a group of students.
- Consultant, analyst, Economists for large companies in the industrial sector, banking, insurance,government departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Econometric Methods for Empirical Economics
- Panel Data
- Nonparametric Econometric Methods
- High-dimensional models
- Time Series and Economic Forecasting
- Database Management System
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission is based on academic excellence. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required with a curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (in French for Master standard track and in English for Master international track)
- Transcripts of your undergraduate studies (official translations in French or English)
- A copy of your Bachelor's degree or certificate of achievement
- An English language certificate for Master programs - International track: TOEFL iBT 90/120 minimum, IELTS 6.5/9 minimum or Cambridge English Advanced Certificate level C1
International5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.