The Master of Geographical Information Science from the Universiti Teknologi Mara programme is designed in particular for future managers and decision makers of various government sectors or private agencies for mapping, land management, environment, forestry, agriculture, geology, urban and regional planning, security, disaster, business, information technology etc. Graduates of this program can become GIS project managers, application specialists and software developers. Those who continue as professionals in other fields will be fully competent to integrate geographical information technologies into their work.All subjects to be introduced to students encompasses theory and industry-input based. GIS industry players in Malaysia and abroad will be given a prominent role as a part-time lecturer or dissertation supervisors in providing the required knowledge to the students during the course of their studies.
- Advanced Geographical Information Science
- Managing Geographical Information System
- Geomapping Science
- Programming for Spatial Science
- Remote Sensing Applications
- Geospatial Analysis and Modeling
- Geospatial Statistics
- Di ssertation
- Innovations in GIS
- GIS for Environment Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 3 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Malaysia
- Any Bachelor’s degree in Science and Technology as well as the Social Science courses or its equivalent from any recognized institution of higher learning local or abroad with a CGPA of at least 2.50 or Second Class Lower.
- Other qualifications recognized by the Senate of the University.
- Candidates will be invited for interview and admitted at the discretion of the Programme Admission Panel.
International2336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1168 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
International Tuition Fees Per Semester (RM): 4,840
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.