The Master of Social Sciences in Counselling Psychology from Hong Kong Shue Yan University is designed to create a distinct professional identity for Counselling Psychologists, and to contribution toward meeting the currently psychological needs within the community.
Graduates from Clinical Psychology tend to deal with more severely disturbed patients, and in fact are trained to work in psychiatric settings. However, graduates in Counselling Psychology work with healthier and less pathological clients, and usually conduct more career and vocational counselling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Counselling Psychology
- Assessment and Evaluation for Counselling Psychology
- Professional Practice and Ethical Issues in Counselling Psychology
- Cultural and Individual Diversity
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 8 other Masters in Counselling in Hong Kong (SAR)
- A completed application shall consist of the following documents:
- Application form
- A Photocopy of HKID Card/Passport
- An application fee of HK$200
- Photocopies of degree certificates
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions/universities attended
- (Transcript Request Form (pdf version/ doc version) - Please also send this form to your appropriate officer of institution from which the transcript is requested. SYU graduates need not request transcripts from the Registry, copies of past results will suffice)
- A photocopy of each professional qualification obtained as stated on the application form
- 2 signed and sealed Referee Reports (pdf version/ doc version)
International309 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 309 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National309 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 309 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
HKD 151,200 (HKD 2,400 per credits)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.