This programme meets that demand by offering language industry professionals the opportunity to upgrade their qualifications, catch up on new developments in translation and interpreting, and to expand their existing skills or acquire new skills.
We provide practical professional training. The elements of theory that we introduce are directly relevant to improving the efficiency of practitioners. The programme has a broad-based curriculum, which allows students to prepare for later professional specialisation. Graduates have enhanced skills that are marketable in both the private and public sectors.
- Advanced Translation
- Interpreting: Consecutive
- Interpreting: Principles
- Translation Studies
- Translation: Discourse and the Translator
- Translation: Text and Context
- Advanced Interpreting
- Advanced Legal Translation
- Advanced Liaison Interpreting
- Advanced Translation for Business and Commerce
- Advanced Translation for Media
- Computer Assisted Translation
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Initial Registration Credits
- 3 for local students
- 6 for non-local students
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting View 3 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in Hong Kong (SAR)
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- A level of competence in English, as demonstrated by performance in the admission test set by MATI, which indicates that the applicant is capable of studying successfully at the taught MA level
International624 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 624 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National432 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 432 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
- HK$3,360 per credit for local students
- HK$4,850 per credit for non-local students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.