In this Food Media program at Centennial College , students will develop the skills and tools necessary to advertise and market their own food product or service through a focus on the entrepreneurial use of personalized branding and marketing.
Students will also be able to identify the target market audience, design and deliver creative messages and negotiate for the appropriate media product to achieve the desired communication and presentation results.Using their creative skills and food knowledge, graduates will harness the power of the media to deliver messages to attract revenue-generating streams and opportunities.This graduate certificate program is delivered in intensive, three-day format (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) per week for the flexibility of the working professional.
- Program graduates will be equipped with the skills to identify and implement entrepreneurial opportunities in a food media-related field such as food image and brand specialist, freelance food writer, marketing specialist, food segment producer, and entertainment and lifestyle professional.
- Additionally, graduates can find employment in both the public and private sectors, including advertising and marketing communications media agencies, healthcare and educational institutions, not-for-profit organizations, newspapers and magazines, television and radio broadcasting companies and other media-based industries such as out-of-home marketing communications and trade promotions.
- Freelance Food Writer
- Food Stylist Editor
- Food Stylist Specialist
- Food Blogger
- Blog Editor
- Food Segment Producer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Recipe Research, Development and Writing
- Food Writing
- Food Media Marketing and Promotion
- Production and Editing
- Food Media Concept Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesFood Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 55 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience in hospitality
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15385 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15385 CAD per year during 12 months.
National4132 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4132 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.