The Political Science - Political Theory from University of Amsterdam provides students with the conceptual tool-kits to analyse the complex normative and methodological issues of contemporary political life.
Students are encouraged to take an active role in critical reflection on political practices, institutional arrangements, and social science methods by building on a solid foundation in social and political thought. The track combines analytical rigor with policy relevance.
- How should public policy develop when there is moral and religious disagreement or confusion?
- What are the proper norms to guide the ethics of war or immigration and refugee policy?
- How should political and economic institutions be reformed to deal with the global financial crisis, international inequality or the democratic deficit in the EU?
This programme prepares students for careers in government, global business, think-tanks, non-profits, and journalism with a focus on public policy, analysis, and advocacy at the local, national, and international level. The programme also provides a strong foundation for a career in academia.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- European Politics and External Relations
- International Relations
- Political Economy
- Public Policy and Governance
- Political Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 53 other Masters in Political Science in Netherlands
- Applications will be carefully evaluated by the admissions committee. The committee determines whether or not all entry requirements as specified below are met and assesses the quality of each application compared to the other applications received.
International16335 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16335 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.