The University of Hong Kong's Medical Faculty is the oldest faculty in tertiary-education in Hong Kong. Its origins go back to 1887, when the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese was founded by the London Missionary Society.
We offer a master degree in Nursing at The University of Hong Kong. Besides training doctors and nurses, the Faculty has always been at the forefront of medical research and development of new clinical services for the benefit of humankind.
The Medical Faculty is the largest in the University with more than 400 full-time teaching staff, around 800 research staff and 780 research postgraduate students. It is one of the most technologically advanced medical institutions in the region.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates are able to:
- apply competently the advanced knowledge and skills in order to become more autonomous and independent in their practice;
- contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge and practice through research and evidence-based practice;
- reflect on their own practice so that they can construct, articulate and evaluate their own philosophy, self-reflection and professional ethics in healthcare practice;
- internalise an awareness of the importance of a commitment to lifelong learning and the responsibilities and obligations of being a nursing leader;
- lead, collaborate in and coordinate multidisciplinary teamwork; and
- provide leadership in the healthcare profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum consists of 3 compulsory core courses (18 credits), 3 track core courses (18 credits), 3 elective courses (18 credits) and a capstone experience which includes a Translational Nursing Research course (6 credits) and a Dissertation (9 credits), making a total of 69 credits.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 4 other Masters in Nursing in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- comply with the General Regulations;
- comply with the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- be a Registered Nurse holding a Bachelor's degree in nursing from this University, or from another university, or comparable institution accepted for this purpose; and
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
International22064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22064 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5432 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per annum
- Non Local: 171,000 HK$ per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.